When asked by Ehrin of Little Style Finder to be a guest blogger, I was thrilled. I had to go on a hiatus with my blog about a year ago and miss it so much! Sweetening the deal, was the request to create a post on my baby’s nursery and all the clothing I have splurged on while I wait for his arrival (arriving in mere weeks!) . Let’s just say, this is the most fun I’ve had since MAKING the baby haha!
As an event planner in NYC by day and executing events very precisely, I have what I like to refer to as my “creative-ADD” at home. I start so many projects and rarely have time to finish them so with the doctor giving me a due date, I pretty much had a deadline handed to me on a platter. Decorate Room and Buy clothes.
So, for the last 6 months my husband and I tackled a bedroom for baby and collected some of the coolest clothes on the market (so we like to think!)…. Side note: my husband, Gustavo, is in the music business, grew up in Manhattan immersed in the culture of graffiti and has worked with some of the best bands … you’ll notice his influences in the nursery! Here are some our favorite elements of the room and stylish wears!
- Dresser: Gothic Cabinet & pewter animal handles from Sweetheart Gallery in Woodstock, NY
- Retro Toy Basket: Steele Canvas Basket (sign up for the giveaway!!)
- Glider & Union Jack Pillow: Lullaby Rockers & ETSY
- Stuffed Animals: Buy Buy Baby and we already named them! Bibbits (frog) & Alice Cooper (zebra)
- Backstage Passes: All the concerts/ events produced by my husband
- Framed art: Homemade by me (I sell them on ETSY, they are framed custom scenes from children’s books!)
- Lamp: painted on wall by my husband
- Mommy Blanket: Buy Buy Baby (softest thing in the room)
- Carpet & Sheepskin Throw: Ikea (our dog Luna’s favorite spot in our loft these days.)
- Black Paint: Chalkboard Finish (to make it easy for my husband to draw/ erase/ redraw on!)
- Lumber Jack Onesie: gifted (this is going to be his “coming home” outfit because I think it’s so stinkin’ cute!)
- Pink Floyd T-shirt: Bloomingdale’s
- Lightening Bolt Sweater: Oeuf (purchased from this great store called Les Petits Chapelais in Soho)
- T-shirt, Jodhpur Sweatpants, Deconstructed Vest: All Saints (like mother like son… his closet will be stocked with All Saints!)
- Peace Sign Pants: Go Gently Baby (can’t wait to see these pants filled with a diapered bum!)