The Darling that inspired Darling Clementine is owner Lindsay’s daughter Juliette, whose sweet stylish ways have led Lindsay all over searching for special, one of a kind items to fill up her little world. Lindsay has searched high and low to curate the inspired collection of children’s wares that is Darling Clementine. The shop consists of many brands found in her own Brooklyn backyard as well as hand picked items from around the world.
LSF is thrilled to introduce guest blogger, Lindsay Meyer-Harley, owner of Darling Clementine.
When babies enter the picture many things have to get chucked (think glass coffee table, heirloom vases on low shelves and the friday night partying), one thing that often enters is a sense of responsibility. Both the parental kind as well as in an overall sense.
Wanting to protect our planet seems to come hand in hand with wanting to protect our children. Sometimes though we get torn between what is right and what we like. Well, I’m happy to say it’s never been easier to shop for your baby/toddler while being gentle to Mother Earth. I strive to stock Darling Clementine with my favorite finds from around the world all the while having the least impact on the world around us. I never compromise quality, chicness or personal taste when it comes to eco-picks.
The site is full of eco finds, here are some of my absolute favorites!
1. Go Gently Baby – Jersey Scarf: Stay cozy warm this Winter with an organic cotton scarf in the most delicious colors. Soft rose, stone or the perfect shade of olive green.
2. Egg Baby – Alpaca Mouse Hat: This darling hat comes to us from a local Brooklyn company. Gotta love local.
3. Little Twig – Conditioning Detangler: This leave-in or wash out detangling conditioner is free of nasty chemicals and chock full of only the best ingredients. Safe for even the most sensitive of skin (and for Mamas too, this works great as a leave in!)
4. 3 Green Moms – Lunchskins Sandwich Bag: Use (and reuse) this baby for all your sandwich and snack needs, can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher a gazillion times over.
5. Penguin Publishing – Stuck by Oliver Jeffers: Oliver Jeffers proves again in his latest children’s book offering to capture our hearts with Stuck. All Oliver Jeffers books on the site are signed!
For you lovely LSF readers I’m offering a 15% discount on each and every one of my picks with code LOVELSF through February 14th, 2012, as well as an amazing Go Gently Baby giveaway!
Go Gently Baby Baby Set (in Stone or Rose) GIVEAWAY
Sweet, simple style with a little edge, Go Gently Baby creates stylish, earth friendly apparel for children and shares the vision: Teach your children to Love others, Be kind to the earth and to Go Gently on their journey through life.
Super soft organic cotton top and pants set features a long sleeve top with stripes on sleeve and matching striped leggings. Available in sizes: 0-3 months, 3-6 months or 6-12 months.
ENTER TO WIN:
us on facebook and write a wall post “darling clementine giveaway”
Winner will be announced February 1, 2012.
to follow Darling Clementine on Twitter